Corporal Study Packet
Drill and Ceremony:
1. When cadets are aligned at double intervals, what part of the cadets’ bodies will be touching?
2. What command allows squad members to leave the area of a formation?
3. What is the command for a hand salute?
4. What are the two parts of a two part command?
5. When a cadet is “At Ease” or “Rest”, which foot must remain in place?
6. When executed from a halt, most steps begin with which foot?
7. What is the command for marching in place?
8. What commands are given to align a platoon in a column?
9. During marching you notice you are out of step. What do you do?
10. When marching, what foot would the command of execution called on?
11. On what foot would you call “Rear, March”?
12. On what foot would you call “Counter Column, March”?
1. What are the four factors of leadership?
2. What are the seven army values?
Loyalty, Duty, Respect, Selfless service, Honor, Integrity, and Personal Courage.
3. What are ethics?
4. What Army field manual covers leadership?
5. Define the term “follower ship”
6. Define “communication.”
7. Considering the seven communication skills, which skill precedes all the others?
8. Define “candor.”
9. What are the three leadership eras?
10. What is physical courage?
1. What are the three types of heat injuries?
2. What are the three types of cold injuries?
3. What is the most life-threatening heat injury?
4. What is another name for mouth-to-mouth resuscitation?
5. High cholesterol leads to the possibility of what condition?
6. What is the best way to clear the airway of a victim who can stand?
7. What are the three types of bleeding?
8. What kind of drug is alcohol?
9. What is the last resort in stopping bleeding?
10. What should you do with the body of an unconscious drunk?
11. Which type of bleeding is signified by bright red blood that spurts with each heartbeat?
!2. What are two characteristics of capillary bleeding?
1. What are the colors on a military topographical map and what do they symbolize?
2. What are the three north's found on a map?
3. What type of device is used to determine grid azimuths?
4.What type of device is used to determine magnetic azimuths?
5. What is the name for the imaginary lines running from East to West parallel to the equator?
6. On a topographical map, where does the legend appear?
7. How many intermediate contour lines are located between index contour lines on a topographical map?
8. What is the cardinal rule in map reading, when reading grid coordinates?
9. What is the name of the imaginary lines running from north to south parallel to the prime meridian
Flags and Guidons:
1. How many stars are on the U.S. flag and what do they symbolize?
2. How many stripes are on the U.S. flag and what do they symbolize?
3. What are the three types of U.S. flags?
4. Who wrote the "Star Spangled Banner"
5. Who is responsible for the keeping, safe guard, and care of the Battalion colors?
1. What did the 13th amendment do?
2. How many representatives does each state have in the U.S. Senate?
3. What are the first 10 amendments in the U.S. Constitution known as?
4. What amendment provides the right to keep and bear arms?
5. What are the two houses that compose Congress?
Uniform and Appearance:
1. What color is the five-pointed star for an Honor Unit with Distinction?
2. What is the color of the five-pointed star for an Honor Unit?
3. How high above the notch of the lapel is the male torch placed?
4. What is the policy for a female cadet's hair while in uniform?
5. Where should the ribbon rack go on a male uniform?
6. How do you find information about how to properly place rank on the ASU?
7. How do you know how to put your ribbons in the correct order?
8. How do you clean ASU dress shoes?
9. Which items of the ASU should you wash at home?
10. Why should cadets untie their tie when they take off their uniform?
1. What is the mission of JROTC?
2. What are two ways to become a U.S. citizen?
3. How should the JROTC uniform be worn?
4. What is the cadet leader in charge of a company called?
5. When talking to an officer, how should you address him/her?
6. What age is a U.S. citizen allowed to vote?